A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a hole. All the other frogs 1 . When they saw how 2 the hole was, they told the two frogs that they would 3 soon.
At first, both of the two frogs didn’t 4 their words and tried their best to jump out of the hole. The other frogs 5 telling them to stop, because they thought there was no 6 to jump out of such a deep hole. Finally, one of the two frogs believed these words and 7 . He fell down and 8 .
The other frog 9 to jump as hard as he could. 10 , the crowd of frogs shouted at him to stop the 11 and just die. He jumped even harder and finally 12 . When he got out, the other frogs asked, “Didn’t you hear us?” To their great 13 , the frog turned out to be 14 . He thought they were 15 him all the time, not stopping him.
This story teaches two lessons: There is power of life and death in the 16 . Well-meant words can help people in trouble. But, evil words sometimes can 17 them. Be careful of what you 18 .
Remember the 19 of words. Anyone can speak words that are likely to make people give up in 20 times.
1. A. looked around B. looked up C. looked down D. looked back
2. A. big B. dangerous C. dark D. deep
3. A. get out B. die C. escape D. jump out
4. A. support B. take C. care D. understand
5. A. began B. kept C. regretted D. considered
6. A. need B. use C. chance D. time
7. A. gave out B. gave up C. gave in D. gave off
8. A. died B. cried C. slept D. lay
9. A. started B. had C. continued D. decided
10. A., Once again B. In time C. At last D. Sooner or later
11. A. movement B. practice C. pain D. exercise
12. A. died B. succeeded C. fell D. failed
13. A. joy B. sadness C. anger D. surprise
14. A. angry B. blind C. sad D. deaf
15. A. stopping B. helping C. laughing at D. worrying about
16. A. way B. mind C. tongue D. sentence
17. A. kill B. control C. save D. cheat
18. A. say B. do C. think D. hear
19. A. meaning B. secret C. power D. choice
20. A. happy B. urgent C. interesting D. difficult
1~5 CDBCB 6~10 CBACA 11~15 CBDDB 16~20 CAACD